Bill Robertson Toyota is owned and operated by Robertson & Co (Gladstone) Pty Ltd. Robertson & Co (Gladstone) Pty Ltd appreciates and values the relationship we have with you. We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of the personal information that you entrust to us.
- Robertson & Co (Gladstone) Pty Ltd is an organization that is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 and the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012. A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles is available for your perusal at our premises or you may obtain a copy from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. See http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-resources/privacy-fact-sheets/other/privacy-fact-sheet-17-australian-privacy-principles.
- The kind of personal information that Robertson & Co (Gladstone) Pty Ltd may collect and hold is:
- Your name, date of birth, address, telephone & fax numbers and email address.
- Details of your vehicle including purchase details (if you purchased your vehicle from us) and the service history of that vehicle (when the vehicle has been serviced by us).
- If you purchased finance or insurance products through us we may also hold relevant personal income, asset, insurance and credit history information.
- Your credit card or bank account details if you provide them to us.
- If you apply for a job with us we may hold your employment and education history.
- We collect this information from you by asking you directly including face to face, email or other electronic communications. We may use a contractor to ask this information from you on our behalf. Your information is stored on our computers and in our paper archives. Our computers are backed up daily and the backed up data is taken off site but not put in to another computer. We do not back up our data into an offsite or cloud server at this time. We own, maintain and secure our paper archive.
- The main purpose that Robertson & Co (Gladstone) Pty Ltd holds this information is:
- To consider any offer made by you to purchase products and services from Bill Robertson Toyota, to consider any trade-in offer that you have made and to perform any agreement for the provision of products and services to you (including any applicable warranties).
- To carry out any repair work requested by you, and to provide any related products and services to you (including any applicable warranties).
- To market to you products and services that form part of the company’s business.
- If you apply for a job with us we will only hold your personal information for that purpose.
- Occasionally, Robertson & Co (Gladstone) Pty Ltd contracts out services to a third party, which carries out work that cannot be performed by us at our premises. Your personal information may be given to a third party for this work but will remain confidential.
- Robertson & Co (Gladstone) Pty Ltd will not sell or give your information to a third party for purposes outside its business.
- Robertson & Co (Gladstone) Pty Ltd is unlikely to disclose your personal information to overseas recipients. However your personal information may be disclosed to Toyota Motor Corporation Australia Limited (“Toyota”) for warranty and related purposes, suppliers of financial and insurance products for which you may apply, and providers of accessories and aftermarket products which you may purchase. Toyota may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients and The Toyota Australia Privacy Collection Statement is below.
- If you would like to access the personal information Robertson & Co (Gladstone) Pty Ltd holds about you, seek the correction of such information or obtain further information about the way Robertson & Co (Gladstone) Pty Ltd manages the personal information it holds, then you may contact the Dealer Principal at 84 Hanson Road, Gladstone Qld 4680, phone (07) 4972 2766.
- If you would like to update your personal information with Robertson & Co (Gladstone) Pty Ltd please advise the Customer Relations Manager.
- If you have any concerns about the way personal information is managed by Robertson & Co (Gladstone) Pty Ltd, or believe that a breach of your privacy has occurred, or wish complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles or a registered APP code, please contact the Dealer Principal at 84 Hanson Road, Gladstone Qld 4680, phone (07) 4972 2766.
- Any requests will be taken to the Dealer Principal and you will be advised within 72 hours regarding the outcome of your request.
- If you wish to speak with anyone at our company about any privacy issues our contact details are The Dealer Principal, 84 Hanson Road, Gladstone Qld 4680, phone (07) 4972 2766, email: [email protected].
Toyota Australia Privacy Collection Statement
Your authorised Toyota dealer is collecting your personal information and will share it with Toyota Motor Corporation Australia Limited (Toyota Australia) to enable Toyota Australia to:
- respond to your inquiry about a Toyota product or service
- provide products and services to you (including new or used Toyota vehicles, parts and accessories and vehicle repairs or servicing)
- receive feedback and deal with complaints
- attend to any product recalls
- arrange for other applicable products and services to be provided to you (such as warranty services, the provision of service and maintenance reminders, roadside assistance and customer loyalty programs)
- meet its regulatory and legal obligations
From time to time, Toyota Australia may also use your personal information to contact you about Toyota products and services, special offers or promotions and events that it thinks may be of interest to you.
Toyota Australia may share your personal information with your authorised Toyota dealer, other companies in the Toyota group such as Toyota Motor Corporation (Toyota Australia’s Japanese parent company) Toyota Finance Australia Limited, and Toyota Australia’s contractors and agents (such as information technology providers, customer service centre providers, mailing houses and printers, and organisations that assist Toyota Australia to conduct promotions and market research) for the purposes outlined in this privacy collection statement. Some of Toyota Australia’s contractors and agents and companies in the Toyota group are located overseas, including in Japan, Singapore, the United States, the United Kingdom and Sweden, and as a result your personal information may be disclosed overseas.
If Toyota Australia is not provided with your personal information, it may not be able to respond to your inquiry or provide you with Toyota products or services.
Contact Toyota Australia You can contact Toyota Australia by: Emailing us at: [email protected] Writing to us at: PO Box 5428, Chatswood West NSW 1515 Telephoning us on 1800 TOYOTA (1800 869 682) (Toll Free)